Londoners Favourite Wines

Did you know that only 12% of Londoners say they don’t drink wine at all? That leaves a massive 88% of London dwellers who say they enjoy a glass (or three!) of wine.


So, with so many people happy to uncork a good bottle of wine, just what are the most popular choices?


Red wine


Red wine is the overwhelmingly popular choice for those who live in London. Their favourite grapes? Merlot is the most common, closely followed by Pinot Noir.


So, what’s the appeal of Merlot? Merlot is known to be soft, ripe and elegant and as such is generally an easy-drinking and approachable red wine. It originates from the Bordeaux region of France – one of the most well-known wine regions in the world. In French, Merlot is known as ‘the little black bird’, because of its soft and supple flavours.


Pinot Noir’s tend to be smooth wines, with fruit flavours and plenty of silky tannins. Pinot Noir originates from the Burgundy region of France around the 14th century and is now grown all over the world. Pinot Noir is a dry wine that is ideal to drink with a wide variety of foods, as it’s one of the most versatile red wines to match with different dishes.


White wine


When it comes to white wines, just what are the most popular choices? Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc are the two most widely chosen white wines on the market within London.


Chardonnay, the most popular white wine choice for Londoners (and the most popular white wine in the world!), originally came from France but now is grown and produced across the globe. Due to the ability to originate from anywhere in the world this means the taste can vary wildly between bottles.


Just like Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc also originates from France but now is grown across the world. Taste can differ greatly from country to country and region to region. Sauvignon Blanc is perfect for drinking alone, or can be the ideal accompaniment to fish and seafood dishes.


If all this talk of wine has got you in the mood for a glass of your favourite type, why not browse our online shop and have wine delivered to you in just

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *